Monday, February 2, 2009

Youth & Young Manhood

Howdy all,
Well the last time I wrote I was jet lagged and it was snowing, well I'm glad to report that my body clock has converted to US time and it has finally stopped snowing here. We ended up getting about half a foot of snow which was weird, the only way I can explain it to the people back home is it was like going to school in Perisher Blue (a Australian ski resort). In all truthfulness though if it had snowed like this in Perisher it would have been the biggest dump in decades and every man and his dog would have been screaming down the 'Snowy Way' to get on the slopes but over here it's business as usual.

Stoked!!!

We have some new dudes on the team this semester and now the snow has been cleared from the roads we have been out training as a group getting to know each other. I'm pretty stoked to say that all the guys on the squad are good blokes and are fun to hang around. I think we are going to do well in the collegiate road seasons because everyone is dedicated to riding as a team and everyone is mates, being mates might not sound like a big deal but in a bike race when things are going shit only good mates will bleed for each other.

The boys in action.

I have also received my new ride, it's a Specialized Tarmac Pro SL with SRAM Red componentry (I'll get a photo up soon all you bike pedophiles reading). This bike is so light and stiff it's definitely the best bike I have ever ridden. Also picked up my new Specialized shoes and helmet which are both awesome, the helmet is so light I'm always forgetting that I'm actually wearing it and the shoes are both comfy and really rigid. The new steed got it's first gallop on the weekend and past all the test with flying colours including the one were I blow all the other boys doors off on the in to St.Charles sprint. Even rockin' Robbie McEwen would have been proud.

A new way to hold the bike, Crades seems impressed...

Until next time, take care.

Laters all, Chev.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nick,
You can keep your snow... id prefer to melt in the heat! Looks freezing!
oxox

Babrielle and Bomonique said...

who is that guy

Babrielle and Bomonique said...

jokie jokies
its so flat.. get some hills, yeesh.
dude its so hot here.. we are have a freaking heat wave, its intense.
Love bomonique