Friday, August 15, 2008

Living The (American) Dream

Hi all. Under the pressure of my coach I will be keeping a blog on my activities whilst in the U S of A.
I arrived in the little college town of St.Charles, Missouri on the 7th of August where I will be studying at Lindenwood University for the next 4 years. St.Charles is such a beautiful little town situated right on the Missouri River. The real feature of the town is the main street (called Main Street funnily enough) it is cobbled and tree lined, flanked on either side with cafes, bars and resturants. I have been blown away by Lindenwood so far, the grounds and buildings are beautiful. Our dorm rooms are quite big and I'm lucky enough to be sharing with fellow Australian and HC4L Paddy Kilmurray, who Im sure will be mentoring me over the next couple of years.


The roads over here are much different from the roads back in Aus, they are all in emaculate condition and most have shoulders. A 15 minute ride from our dorm and you are in corn fields, complete with real life Hill Billies in those big old ford trucks and 15 minutes in the other direction you are on a bitching bike path that goes through woods and past a lake. The velodrome is about a 15 minute drive away which is handy for training for Collegiate Nationals which are coming up in September and is my real focus for this year. I have 2 days of track racing this weekend before going on camp out to rural Missouri.

I have to fly now going down to Main Street there is some sort of festival happening down there, Im guranteed lots of beer and lots of women.
Chev.
What I'm listening to.

No comments: