Monday, March 30, 2009

When Young Terrorists Chase The Sun

Howdy,


Well it's been a little while since the last post. Much has happened. Well last post I reported I crashed in a race, well turns out I cracked my frame so I have been rolling a shop bike until I get my new bike ordered.


Last weekend the Lindenwood team headed up to Notre Dame (pronounced "note-er day-m") in South Bend, Indiana. We had a great showing in the 70 mile road race with Owen "the butcher" Belton getting 2nd with Stroot and I bringing home the bunch to grab a couple of top twentys. Sunday's crit was a cool 1 mile loop with no corners thus was very fast. With the bunch together with one lap to go I had Paddy on my wheel delivering him to the front but half a lap to go I fucked up and also Paddy's chances on a decent finish. We live, we learn.

Some of Banksy's handywork?

Anyway, we are on spring break now so I took the chance to drive up to Chicago and check out what all the fuss is about. Safely back in St. Charles now, I can definitely say that it's an awesome place and is a really cool city. Heaps of cool shops and places to eat, wish I had a bigger bank balance. Oh yeah, check out the photo above, I ran across it walking back from checking out lake Michigan, I'm pretty sure it's by famous stencil artist Banksy. Can some one confirm this for me? It was also a good chance to put the bike in the closet for a couple of days and just relax.

Mandatory "Bean" photo...

This weekend we are off to Purdue and Marian colleges in Indiana, which is from all reports one of the best weekends of racing on the Collegiate calender. Each weekend we are getting closer and closer to pulling off a victory, the team is really coming together and is only a matter of time despite what some people think.
Sorry about the lack of racing photos but I can't find any at the moment...

Anyway take care everyone,
Chev.

No comments: