Monday, December 8, 2008

A Day in The Life (College)

G'day all,
So I thought I would give you all a little insight into what makes up an average day for me. I will start with college and hopefully do another one when I'm at home.
So for most of you what I do at college is a complete mystery so I decided to take my camera around with me for a day and document my daily routine although this week is finals week so it's not entirely accurate but I'm sure you'll get the picture.

Decisions, decisions...

After waking up, the first port of call is the Cafeteria, or "Cafe" (pronounced "kaff"). The cafe is awesome it's always got good variety and fresh foods and is run by sponsor and friend of the Lindenwood Cycling Team, Ralph Pfremmer.

A healthy breakfast rich in fruits and carbohydrates...

After breaky it is either out on the bike to do the days training or off to class to be educated for a few hours. The class sizes here at Lindenwood are much smaller than back in Oz, with more of a high school set up of about 20 people per class, which works well for me as I fall straight to sleep in lectures.
Cool little campus building, the architecture around campus is all similar to this

So it has been pretty bloody cold here but we have embraced the weather and whenever we spy a frozen dam or creek we take a break from riding to throw rocks on the ice and see if we can ice skate in our bike shoes. Yeah really mature I know but seriously this would never happen in Australia.

I have been getting caught out on my rides lately as the sun seems to just fall out of the sky as soon as it hits 4 in the afternoon, but once I get back in to town I'm greeted with Main Street lit up all very pretty for the festive season, and it's not that bad.

Main Street St. Charlie

The evenings are generally spent either on the rollers, in the computer lab pretending to do homework, or catching up with family and current events back home in Aus.

One of the school buildings by night.

Well after an exhausting day at college its lights out in 310 Flowers. Hopefully I gave you a little bit of an insight into my daily going on's...

310 Flowers in all its glory and yes mum it is a "brothel".

So at the moment I am sitting in QANTAS club in LAX drinking Moet with Paddy wait for our flight back home...lifes tough. We were checking in at STL airport when I turned around and saw a big tall black guy with these huge gold shades on after doing a double take that I realise that its in fact rapper/actor/muscle man LL Cool J. We didn't get a chance to get a photo with him as we were checking in but we did get to say "G'day mate!" on the plane. He seems like a really nice bloke, he was signing heaps of autographs and taking photos with people.

Well I have to get back to drinking more champagne and taking advantage of all the other benefits of this establishment whilst I still can.

Take Care, Chev.

One from the lost archives of photos on my computer: the morning walk to class.

No comments: