Sunday, November 23, 2008

New Year, New Team, same old cliches

Hey all,

Keeping to my promise of keeping my blog updated I'll be filling y'all in on whats been happening in the world of "Cheva". I'm happy to say that I will be riding for Mesa Cycles for the 2009 season. After a mini camp here in St. Louis last weekend I can confirm that this team is the real deal, the team is so well organised thanks to the great managment and has some great talent in the ranks.
I'm extremely motivated for the 2009 season as I will contesting some very big races both, collegiate and also the races I will be doing with Mesa. The next couple of weeks I will be sitiing down with Paddy nutting out the races I wish to do here in North America. Cycling is a sport of sacrafices; you sacrifice your social life, your time with family, your school work, your right to eat whatever you want etc, etc... As I said next year is going to be for me and if I really want to give this whole bike racing thing a shot I need to stay here over the summer holidays and race as much as possible.
With less than 3 weeks until I return down under I have started getting excited to get home and see family and friends and also do some solid racing and training. I plan on racing on the track as much as possible and also heading down to Melbourne/Geelong with the boys to the Jayco Bay Classic again. After the 5 days of racing I will head north to Bright for a training camp and then finally back to the sunny Hunter Valley.
Last night we went out to a night time Cyclo Cross race and had a blast, but I guess when you put a free keg on and make thin blokes ride around a silly course with all sorts of absurd obsticles you can't go wrong.
Until then I will be charging around Lindenwood and St.Charles with the other Aussies causing absolute mayhem. Oh and if you want to check out some great cliches jump over to Tim Norris (Custard Arm) blog he has some absolute rippers on there.
Photobucket
Beautiful Newcastle beach on a summers arvo (afternoon for any yank reading).

2 comments:

Davey B said...

ohhh yess boy!

Tim Norris said...

Oh nicholas. How much you have to learn